Typical applications for TRIAD RF/microwave and wireless radio power amplifier (PA) modules include:
- Data Links – Intelligence, Surveillance, Recognizance (ISR)
- Digital Video/High-Definition Broadcasting (DVB/HD)
- Electronic Warfare
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Microhard Radio Applications
- Military Mesh
- Military Radar and Communications
- MIMO Radio Systems
- Nano Digital Data Links (IPnDDL)
- Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiplexing (OFDM) Amplifier &
- Coded Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (COFDM) Power Amplifier
- Radio Range Extenders
- Satellite (SAT/SATCOM) Amplifier
- Tactical Radio Systems
- Tracking Antenna Amplification
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) & Counter UAS (C-UAS)
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
- Unmanned Ground Vehicles (UGV)
- UAV Radios
- UAV Video Links
Most of our connectorized RF and microwave power amplifier modules are built to promote easy integration and reliable operation in harsh system conditions. These include the best protection against over, under, and reverse voltage conditions. Additionally, modules are available with internal wide input range (9-36V) DC-DC conversion sections, which simplify system designs by eliminating the need for external DC converters to power the PA. Greater overall efficiency is achieved, as the internal converter is designed and matched for peak efficiency at the amplifier’s operating current range.
Our high power amplifier (PA) products also provide advanced built-in PA monitoring and control sections that are directed by microprocessor, FPGA, CPLD, or a combination of these devices. Functions include forward and reflected RF power measurement, temperature logging, DC monitoring to the device level, transmit/receive switching, and gain / power control across frequency, temperature, and adverse VSWR conditions. Many other configurable alarms and warnings can be tailored to your system’s requirements.
Ruggedness and reliability are designed into every amplifier we make. Nearly all of our designs are designed to withstand the most demanding shock, vibration, and temp cycle profiles contained in MIL-STD-810 requirements. We also take EMI / EMC into consideration with many designs qualified and radiated emissions requirements of MIL-STD-461.